Much better game.
Being queer, Southeast Asian, refugee has meant that I’ve had to fight my own family, my own Southeast Asian community, the AAPI community, the LGBTQ community, the immigrant community, the Latino community, the fucking mainstream community to have the issues of my people heard. And I’m so tired of it.
If you stand with us, with me in solidarity, I should not have to fight with you to have our voices included every step of the way. It’s exhausting and tiring. I’ve given my life to fighting and doing this on the national level, as the only queer Southeast Asian at the table, so far away from my community, from those who know and who understand my experiences is so fucking exhausting. And it’s so fucking lonely.
Today is my birthday, and as many of you know, immigration reform is one of the most important issues to me. My life and the lives of my family and community have been defined by US foreign policy and immigration laws. Instead of wishing me a happy birthday, you can wish me a happy birthday by calling President Obama at (202) 456-1111 during the weekday and requesting the following:
"Hi, my name is __, and I’m calling with the National Queer Asian Pacific Islander Alliance to urge President Obama to take immediate action on immigration. We support executive orders that ensure humane conditions at ICE facilities and in enforcement for all detainees, and specifically transgender detainees; considers the needs of lesbian, gay bisexual, and transgender immigrants; stops unjust deportations that tear families apart; expands the use of prosecutorial discretion; and expands Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals."
And thank you for your birthday wishes, please direct your wishes towards documented and undocumented immigrants that need our assistance. Also, please let us know if you call by emailing us and letting us know about your action at email@example.com.
imrow said: 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 27, 28, 34, 37, 40, 43, 57, 62, 85, 87
Wow, that’s a lot -
3. Yes and No. Lol, hard to explain.
4. I trust easily and readily.
6. My birthday on Saturday! I turn 25!
9. Confidence is very attractive.
11. Too many to count on one hand.
12. Nope, no skinny jeans for me.
13. I should be celebrating, but I’ll probably be working since I’m facilitating a three day immigration advocacy training.
17. My closest friend in DC, she’s my city-mate.
18. I can’t remember, it’s been a while since I felt broken. Probably college? I’m usually just dramatic.
20. I’m realizing that I’m old.
21. I’m usually in a good mood - today, I’m feeling swell.
24. I…want a cigarette because a full day of meetings = other work not getting done and people not sticking to talking points.
27. Nooooo. Humor is so, so, so important.
28. I laugh at my own jokes…but the last thing that made me laugh was my intern. She’s HILARIOUS.
34. Listening to “Honeymoon Avenue” by Ariana Grande.
37. Love at first sight is false.
40. Because…lunch was great, and he’s fun.
43. I’m always doing embarrassing things.
57. I’m not superstitious, spiritual, or religious.
62. I like to sleep naked when possible. If not, then underwear.
85. I’m selectively patient.
87. I win at life, yo. lol, actually, I’ve won a few contests, but they’re for stupid little things.
Second time that someone has created a job for me. #Blessed that I’ve only ever had to send out one blind resume/application since college. #ThePowerOfNetworking #AndDoingWhatIDoWell
1. Would you have sex with the last person you text messaged?
2. You talked to an ex today, correct?
3. Have you taken someones virginity?
4. Is trust a big issue for you?
5. Did you hang out with the person you like recently?
6. What are you excited for?
7. What happened tonight?
8. Do you think it’s disgusting when girls get really wasted?
9. Is confidence cute?
10. What is the last beverage you had?
11. How many people of the opposite sex do you fully trust?
12. Do you own a pair of skinny jeans?
13. What are you gonna do Saturday night?
14. What are you going to spend money on next?
15. Are you going out with the last person you kissed?
16. Do you think you’ll change in the next 3 months?
17. Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
18. The last time you felt broken?
19. Have you had sex today?
20. Are you starting to realize anything?
21. Are you in a good mood?
22. Would you ever want to swim with sharks?
23. Are your eyes the same color as your dad’s?
24. What do you want right this second?
25. What would you say if the person you love/like kissed another girl/boy?
26. Is your current hair color your natural hair color?
27. Would you be able to date someone who doesn’t make you laugh?
28. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
29. Do you really, truly miss someone right now?
30. Does everyone deserve a second chance?
31. Honestly, do you hate the last boy you were talking to?
32. Does the person you have feelings for right now, know you do?
33. Are you one of those people who never drinks soda?
34. Listening to?
35. Do you ever write in pencil anymore?
36. Do you know where the last person you kissed is?
37. Do you believe in love at first sight?
38. Who did you last call?
39. Who was the last person you danced with?
40. Why did you kiss the last person you kissed?
41. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
42. Did you hug/kiss one of your parents today?
43. Ever embarrass yourself in front of a crush?
44. Do you tan in the nude?
45. If you could, would you take back your last kiss?
46. Did you talk to someone until you fell asleep last night?
47. Who was the last person to call you?
48. Do you sing in the shower?
49. Do you dance in the car?
50. Ever used a bow and arrow?
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
53. Is Christmas stressful?
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
59. Take a vitamin daily?
60. Wear slippers?
61. Wear a bath robe?
62. What do you wear to bed?
63. First concert?
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
65. Nike or Adidas?
66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
68. Favorite Taylor Swift song?
69. Ever take dance lessons?
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
71. Can you curl your tongue?
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
74. What is your favorite book?
75. Do you study better with or without music?
76. Regularly burn incense?
77. Ever been in love?
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
79. What was the last concert you saw?
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
81. Tea or coffee?
82. Favorite type of cookie?
83. Can you swim well?
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
85. Are you patient?
86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
87. Ever won a contest?
88. Ever have plastic surgery?
89. Which are better black or green olives?
90. Opinions on sex before marriage?
91. Best room for a fireplace?
92. Do you want to get married?
I'll answer whatever you ask guys
I seriously can’t believe that I’ll be turning 25 in a little over a week. It seems just like yesterday that I was able to relate to Taylor Swift’s “22”. I’m going to be 25! It’s daunting. So much has happened in my life earlier than I ever expected.
I’ve come out to my family like 8 times. I never even thought of coming out when I was 19. I figured that I would maybe hint at it when I turned 26, but look at me now? I’m loud about being queer and making sure that there is AAPI LGBTQ representation.
Though I’m an associate, I direct my organization’s policy work now. I never even expected to do this kind of work and be given this level of responsibility until I was in my 30’s. I’m an adult…and it’s fucking weird.Sometimes I feel like I’m just kid. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that I’m getting hella old. It’s in the way I talk, what I choose to do, how I choose to spend my time. I’m anxious but excited.
Romance is when you party with me because my gladiator can’t heal herself for shit and your conjuror is bomb.